Denon DJ X1800 Prime - Frequently Asked Questions
The Denon DJ X1800 Prime is the centerpiece of the Prime Series. The 4-channel Pro DJ Club mixer features a familiar layout with all new effects and even more control over your mix. This article answers some of the popular questions about the X1800 Prime mixer's features and functionality.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the dimensions and weight of the X1800 Prime?
- What are my options for input and output on the X1800 Prime?
- What options do I have for sample rate and bit rate?
- Is the crossfader user-replaceable?
- How does this interact with the SC500 Prime?
- What are Sweep & BPM FX?
- What is the Engine Connect protocol?
- Why does it feature dual-USB ports?
- How can I use the Send and Receive ports?
- How can I use the MIDI Out port?
- What can I do with the touchstrip?
- What is the difference between Classic and Isolation mode EQ?
- Is there a ducking option for the mic inputs?
- Can I use my DVS control vinyl/CD setup with the X1800?
- If I use the FX Send/Return, where does the return signal come back?
- Can I control the level of the send/return signal?
- Can I use the MIDI output to send MIDI clock to my external effects?
- Is it possible to assign an effect to a crossfader selection?
- Where can I get further technical support?
Dimensions (width x depth x height):
- 310.9mm x 445mm x 109.7mm
- 12.2" x 17.5" x 4.3"
- 31.1cm x 44.5cm x 11.0cm
- (2) Balanced XLR outputs (Master)
- (2) Unbalanced RCA output pairs (Master and Record)
- (2) 1/4" Booth outputs
- (2) 1/4" FX Send outputs
- (1) 1/4" Headphone output
- (1) 1/8" Headphone output
- (1) Coaxial digital audio output (S/PDIF)
- (1) 5-pin DIN MIDI output
- (4) RCA Line input pairs (one pair per channel)
- (4) RCA Phono input pairs (one pair per channel)
- (1) XLR + 1/4" Mic 1 input (top, combo connector)
- (1) 1/4" Mic 2 input (rear)
- (2) 1/4" Receive FX inputs
- (4) RCA digital audio inputs (S/PDIF)
- (1) RCA digital link input
- (5) Ethernet/LAN link ports
The X1800 Prime has a set bit depth of 24-bits and selectable sample rate of 44.1, 48 or 96kHz.
Yes, the crossfader on the X1800 Prime is fully user-replaceable. The mixer comes complete with Denon DJ's iconic Flex-Fader pre-installed and even features adjustable tension control to personalize your blending and scratching even further.
Connect your SC5000 to an available channel and link inputs to sync your tempo-based FX with the incoming beat grid from Engine.
The X1800 Prime comes complete with two different types of digital effects: Sweep and BPM.
Sweep effects are applied to the Sweep FX knob on each channel, which can be quickly swept back and forth to manipulate the effect and transform your track.
BPM effects are time-synced effects that can be applied to your channels and adjusted using the FX touch strip on the right. Hit the Instant button to enable the Instant FX mode where you can activate and adjust the effects time-division by dragging your finger across the touchstrip.
Engine Connect is the protocol used by the X1800 Prime and SC5000 Prime to send and receive track timing and BPM information, as well as to send track and user profile data between SC5000 Prime units. Use the link ports on the back of the X1800 Prime as a hub to connect up to four SC5000 units to sync your effects and data.
The X1800 Prime mixer features dual-USB ports that can be used with two laptops simultaneously. Use this to run a second DJ software in tandem, hand-off performance control to a second DJ instantly for a double-up performance, or just leave a second computer connected as a backup.
Use the Send and Receive FX ports on the back of the X1800 Prime to send a signal to external FX processors like delays, reverbs, compression and more.
The MIDI output port can be used to sync external effects when using the FX Send and Receive or to sync drum machines and other instruments.
The X1800 Prime FX Touchstrip can be used to quickly set and adjust quantization for time and rhythm based effects. Press the Instant button to use the touchstrip to adjust FX BPM and LFOs.
In Classic mode the EQ will range from -24dB to +6dB, so when the knob is fully turned to its minimum position, some frequencies will still be present.
In ISO mode, the EQ ranges from -∞ to +6dB/+10dB, so when the knob is turned to it's minimum position no frequencies in the range will present.
Yes. When the Talk Over button is pressed, the level of the master mix will reduce automatically when it receives a signal from the microphone. You can even set the amount of volume reduction in the Utility menu.
Absolutely! Set your input select to DVS on the desired channels to sync timecode vinyl/CDs with Serato and your X1800.
The return signal will be applied to the channel selected with the FX Channel Assign knob. Use the Wet/Dry mix knob to control the level of return signal that is applied to the channel.
Yes, in the utility menu there is an option to adjust the FX Return Unity Level between -10dB and 0dB. You may want to adjust this up or down depending on the requirements of your external effects unit.
Absolutely! There is an option in the utility menu to turn MIDI Clock Send on or off for both USB and the 5-pin MIDI output.
Yes, the FX Channel Assign knob has options for X-fader A and X-fader B so BPM FX can be assigned to either side of the crossfader.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Denon DJ product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Denon DJ technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.