Denon DJ MCX8000 - Setup with Virtual DJ 8 Professional
The Denon DJ MCX8000 is versatile standalone DJ player and controller. While the MCX8000 comes as Serato DJ Ready, it also functions well with other popular DJ platforms, like Virtual DJ 8. This setup guide will walk through how to setup the Denon MCX8000 inside Virtual DJ 8 Professional.
- Downloading and Installing the Drivers
- Setting up the MCX8000 in Virtual DJ 8 Professional
- Additional Resources
- Further Technical Support
The MCX8000 is a class compliant device for Mac users but will require a driver for use with any Windows computer. You can find the latest driver for your MCX8000 located on your Denon DJ account page once the MCX8000 has been registered. Use the link below to create an account, register and download the driver if you have not already.
- Download the Windows Driver as pictured above.
- Find the downloaded file at the bottom of our web browser or in your Downloads folder and double-click on it to start the installation.
The driver install will begin. Follow the prompts to continue.
- Accept the license agreement, and click Next to continue with the driver installation.
- Click on Finish.
- Restart the computer.
- Open Virtual DJ 8 Professional.
- Click on the gear icon (settings button) in the upper-right.
- On the left-hand column select CONTROLLERS.
- Select the Denon MCX8000 as your controller.
Note: If the LCD screens are inverted (Left screen shows the right side data) make sure the display left is assigned to Decks 1,3 and the right is assigned to Decks 2,4.
- In the left-hand column select AUDIO.
- Under OUTPUT select SPEAKER + HEADPHONE.
- Under CARD, select the MCX8000.
- Click APPLY.
- Close out of the settings menu.
That is the setup of the Denon professional MCX8000 inside Virtual DJ 8 Professional. You can now setup your folders and playlists, for your personal preference.
- Virtual DJ - Setup Manual
- Denon DJ MCX8000 - Setup and Tutorial Videos
- Denon DJ MCX8000 - Overview and Setup with Engine
- Denon DJ MCX8000 - Knowledge Base Articles
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Denon DJ product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Denon DJ technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.