Denon DJ MC7000 - Complete Setup and Routing in Traktor Pro
The MC7000 is the professional DJ controller with 4-channels and dual USB connections. While the MC7000 comes as Serato DJ Ready, it also functions well with other popular DJ platforms, like Traktor Pro. This setup guide will walk through the complete setup and routing for the Denon DJ MC7000 inside Traktor Pro.
- Downloading and Installing the Driver
- Downloading and importing the Traktor TSI File
- MIDI Setup in Traktor
- Audio Routing in Traktor
- Further Technical Support
The MC7000 is a class compliant device for Mac users but will require a driver for use with any Windows computer. You can find the latest driver for your MC7000 located on your Denon DJ account page once the MC7000 has been registered. Use the link below to create an account, register and download the driver if you have not already
Before we can use the MC7000 within Traktor Pro, we will have to download and install the Traktor TSI File.
- Download and unzip the MC7000 Traktor mapping .tsi file to your computer
- Connect the MC7000 to your computer and power it on.
- Once the MC7000 is connected to the computer, Launch Traktor Pro. Note: To use the MC7000 with Traktor, you need to use Traktor Pro 2.11.0 or higher
- Open the Preferences within Traktor
- At the bottom of the Preferences window and select Import.
- Locate the Traktor mapping .tsi file that we downloaded and unzipped, and select Open.
- Leave all of the default boxes checked, and press OK.
Once the Traktor mapping .tsi file is downloaded and imported into the software, we need to set the MIDI configuration.
- Set the In-Port and Out-Port for the device setup to the DENON DJ MC7000.
Note: This needs to be set to all 5 MC7000 mappings to ensure that there are no MIDI conflicts with other MIDI devices you may be using
- Close Preferences
- Open the Preferences and select Audio setup from the list on the left of the Preferences window.
- Choose the MC7000 as your Audio Device.
Note: On Windows, select MC7000 ASIO as your Audio Device
- With the MC7000 selected, select Output Routing on the preferences list.
- Select your settings as follows
- Mixing Mode: INTERNAL
- Output Monitor
- L: MC7000 HEADPHONE CUE (L)
- R: MC7000 HEADPHONE CUE (R)
- Output Master
- L: MC7000 MASTER (L)
- R: MC7000 MASTER (R)
- Once the settings are correct, close the Preferences window.
The MC7000 is now ready to be used in the Traktor Pro software!
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Denon DJ product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Denon DJ technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.